The crawl space is an area in a home that is sometimes forgotten and if not maintained can cause many issues like development of moisture, mold growth and become very dirty. It can then become a very difficult task to control the moisture and monitor the humidity and temperature. A solution that many homeowners do is encapsulate their crawl space.
Crawl space encapsulation works as an envelope of protection between the crawl space and the outdoors. It is an extra barrier that can help you save on your heating bills and ensure your home is energy efficient.
The purpose of the encapsulated crawl space is to create an environment that can be controlled by using a vapor barrier on the floor and walls.
Benefits Of Encapsulating Your Crawl Space
- Crawl space Encapsulation prolongs the life your crawlspace
- Reduces Temperatures to limit humidity levels
- Reduce costly floor repairs in your home (moisture rots wood)
- Increase the lifespan of your HVAC equipments and ducts (air handler and air ducts may be in crawlspace)
- Lower energy bills
- If planning on selling your home, encapsulated crawl space may be an attractive selling feature for buyers.
You may rarely visit your crawl space but it is important to maintain your crawl space clean to avoid problems that can be costly in the future. Encapsulating your crawl space can greatly improve the overall air quality in the crawlspace and inside the home. We see it as a one time fix for a long term solution.
If you have a crawl space you should think about having it cleaned, treated and encapsulated. If you have any more questions regarding the process of encapsulating your crawl space contact us and we can be of assistance.
Download a free copy of our Asbestos, Lead Paint & Mold eBook to learn how to mitigate the liability risks associated with common environmental threats found in residential properties.